What the course is about
The Emergency Response Pool (ER Pool) course is endorsed by CIMSPA and aimed at hotel operators and health clubs with a pool no greater than 1.5m in-depth. The course will equip designated staff with the skills to respond to an emergency within the swimming pool environment when the alarm has been raised.
Endorsed by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
The ER-Pool course is designed for staff members that could potentially perform a rescue or assist a lifeguard team including; Receptionists, Chefs, Waiting staff, Housekeeping, Maintenance staff, Duty Managers and Gym staff.
The ER-Pool course is open to anyone who is 16-years-old or above at the beginning of the course and able to:
- Swim a minimum of 25m on your front and back
- Be able to surface dive to the deepest part of the pool and climb out without help and without using steps or ladders (where venue design permits)
The course is £200 + VAT.
What is covered?
- Rescue a casualty in the event of being alerted to an emergency
- Recover a casualty to poolside
- Perform vital First Aid, including CPR and AED